Two-Way Communication

When was the last time you sat down and had a conversation with someone?  Or even a few people?  Now ask yourself when the last time you did that without looking at your phone, or computer - or social media, in particular.

I, for one, can't remember.  Considering the four 'big players' in social media - Google, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter - a lot of us interact with all four on a daily basis, or at least two of the four, and in my completely non-scientific assumption, do so more often than sitting and having a real, uninterrupted (by technology) conversation with another human being.

As someone who struggles with anxiety, I know that connecting with friends and family in real life makes a huge difference in my anxiety level in the best way possible.  The lesson on two-way communication is a good reminder to focus on the people in our lives, and to spend real, quality time with them - interpersonally communicating.

Comments

  1. Sadly, this is so true. I do it all the time, and almost worse, I do it with my loved ones the most; taking for granted the time I spend with them as I see them so often. You've inspired me to try and carve out time with the phone on airplane mode (or better, turn it off!) and simply connect and communicate in person, so old fashioned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'All-Natural' Art Doesn't Mean Poison-Free